AAwuroshi'ye poetry

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

MY NEW BIRTHPLACE

MY NEW BIRTH PLACE

Several hurdles to JUMP
Several stepping stones, but each time, I SLUMPED
From Gombe, to Abuja, down to ZARIA
Except in My eyes was success only a MIRAGE
As deep down, I feel not the HUNGER
Or maybe just procrastination, the thief of TIME
Hmm... Verily I was BLIND


But today, I like to DECLARE
A step a time or two, I shall climb the STAIRS
For the Brain is FIRING
the urge has RAISEN
Hence like Malcolm and His birthplace, OMAHA
My journey begins again from My new birthplace, OSARA
If Osara is small...
Then let the Mouse give birth to the Mountain
Let there be constant ACCELERATING
Never there to be BRAKING
As I join this RACING

2 comments:

My story

 From an addict and alcoholic To an author and workaholic From Clubber and Dropout  To a Bookworm and being devout  From a ladies' man, ...