AAwuroshi'ye poetry

Friday, February 14, 2020

The Pioneer

Blessed be Gombe state university
The ground where My dream met its reality
Where My contests metamorphosed into remarkable conquests
Where My fame transcended all barriers
For in each contest, winning was My souvenir
Wins, first of its kind, I am a Pioneer
But I dedicate these to My Grandfathers, the Giants
I appreciate the support and guidance


Firstly, face of GSU/ Mr campus
Am I going down memory Lane? Yes of course
In that moment, I felt like Malcolm
And like Ali the Boxer, I felt handsome
Then My era as Sardauna, the first
A reign and struggle never to be forgotten
Though to My Parents, it was forbidden
But to the World and indeed the Giants, it was a struggle quite appealing
For it is educating and entertaining


This is Gamji We are talking about
I cannot help but feel proud
Our events colourful, You cannot lower Your gaze
Every function, dignitaries grazed
Oh! It's fun to go down memory lane
Although critics at the time spat hate
Gamji's existence even while i am away, for Me is a reward great

Let the nobility continue to resonate
I am AAwuroshi'ye, the Pioneer

No comments:

Post a Comment

My story

 From an addict and alcoholic To an author and workaholic From Clubber and Dropout  To a Bookworm and being devout  From a ladies' man, ...