AAwuroshi'ye poetry

Sunday, August 16, 2020

First republic

 2015, i was a Buharist 

Right now I am merely AAwuroshi'ye, Sardauna the first 

I belong to Our nation's republic, the first 

That of the Azikiwes and the Balewas 

The Awolowos and the Sardaunas

A republic where true integrity rocks

Not where the trivial citizen feeds less than a puppy in the aso rock 

Nor where tons of budgetary currencies are allocated for the rock's food stuff 

I do not belong to where integrity is false 

Nor where integrity is materialism 

I belong to the first republic 

For it was They who truly belonged to everybody, yet belonged to nobody 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My story

 From an addict and alcoholic To an author and workaholic From Clubber and Dropout  To a Bookworm and being devout  From a ladies' man, ...