AAwuroshi'ye poetry

Saturday, August 24, 2019

MY GREATEST FRIEND

Along the road was a BEND
A bend so sudden, really, it felt like the END
A little I take You BACK
During twenty-seventeen the START
I had great plans to re-brand My little MART

Then comes this Man, He was an OBJECTION
For in My every effort for PROGRESSION
This stubborn Man comes up with a REJECTION
Trying to build in Me FRUSTRATION
Tho relentlessly I came up with a FORMULATION
Especially to overcome this tough OPPOSITION
But... oh no! Seems Am in for more TRIBULATIONS
And unconsciously I landed in RECESSION

But then, as in the path of Our past great MEN
I said to Myself, I must follow the TREND
Hence I built Myself a TRENCH
And the battle continued for centuries
Until suddenly comes another bend

This time a joyous FRENZY
As things are now TRENDY
But this is not about the PENNY
Rather consistency, come rain come shine YEARLY

Today, I have seen that the Man twenty SEVENTEEN
To Me was never MEAN
For all this I have learnt from My FRIEND
I mean My so called Enemy
Turned My greatest FRIEND

No comments:

Post a Comment

My story

 From an addict and alcoholic To an author and workaholic From Clubber and Dropout  To a Bookworm and being devout  From a ladies' man, ...